Friday, September 6, 2013

Noah's room!

So it is ready!

Curtains are up.  Monitor is mounted.  Sheets are washed.  Drawers are stocked.  Closet is full.

And yes--I am going against the latest recommendations & I'm using a crib bumper.  I am 'that mom' that will have the monitor turned up so loud that I can hear each breath of my child until he's 4 years old...

Big brother used a bumper as well, so I feel confident in my choice to use one again.

AND instead of paying $100 for the Pottery Barn Kids bumper, I found one that matches perfectly on Amazon.com for $40.  Go me!

I was in need of a small side table to set Noah's sound machine on, but didn't have much space to work with.  I ordered a 'kid friendly' side table that is, indeed, kid friendly!  It's about the size of Barbie.  Haha!  Owell--it does the job & I assembled it all by myself.  Another 'Go me' moment!

Our monitor is mounted (see little white/black blob on left side of crib).  I had a standard monitor with Connor, so can't wait to be able to see what's going on instead of just listening & guessing.  Let's hope Noah doesn't reach out & rip the camera off the wall eventually...

I still have an oar to hang on this wall, but I'm waiting until I have a photo grouping on the wall as well.  Yes, I am grateful for the cushions I found to revamp my old glider.  And yes, it bugs me that the diaper trash can doesn't color coordinate with the room.

With only a few weeks left, all we have left to do is wait. :)

No comments: