Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Celebrating G.G.!

It was a glorious day.  It was a Sunday and all my boys were home with me!

We started the day with some soccer drop kicking in the street.  Connor would happily sign up for soccer again if he could do drop kicks the whole time.  Maybe we'll have ourselves a little goalie?!  Regardless of what his thoughts are on soccer right now, Matt's loving every second of their soccer playtime together.


My smart little guy had a homework assignment this weekend.  I couldn't get over just how well he's writing.  Watching his squishy kid hands hold his crayon on properly made me so happy inside.  I had to capture the cuteness via photo.


We loaded up after Noah's nap & headed on over to Nana & Papa's for G.G.'s birthday extravaganza (aka pool play and supper)!  No doubt I have two waterbugs as children!  Noah was supposed to be napping, but decided the pool would be way more exciting!  Connor kept Papa & Matt busy with his pretend play :).


I have very similar pictures of Connor making the same face at this age in Nana & Papa's old pool.


Please excuse the water diaper.  I made a last minute choice to put the shoulda-been-napping-baby in the pool with Dad and opted to not anger-the-beast by suiting him up.  It's incredible how water relaxes a babe.  I was also quickly reminded of how absolutely amazing pools are with kids.  Noah was soundly asleep within minutes of leaving the pool.

My little water bug slept SO well that I had to wake him around 6:30pm in fear he'd nap clear past his bedtime.  Nana snapped this beauty of two of my favorite boys in the backyard.

Sidenote:  Mamas of little girls obsess over hair bows.  Mamas of little boys obsess over cute ball caps.

The lady of the day was our wonderful "G.G."  Hard to believe she's celebrating her 86th birthday!  I tried to squeeze in a good picture of the boys and their G.G.  Connor jumps on any chance to hold his brother.  Despite Noah looking somewhat high, its a cute picture :).

I was so excited to see Nicole (and Craig) too!  Nicole is looking amazing for carrying TWO babies in there!  Only a few more weeks before we meet the boys!!  Can't wait!!

No comments: