Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Zoomers!

Talk about a fun birthday party!  Last Saturday, we went to our neighbor's son's birthday party at Zoomers.  Their son, Michael, turned 8, so while Connor was the same size as all the other party guests...he was still 3 years younger.  He tried to hang with the bigger kids the best he could.  First stop was the go carts!  I died a little inside when I sent him all by himself to drive this thing. (I'm still in denial with my baby being so big).

He drove it like a champ!  Didn't crash into anything!
(I was having flashbacks to when I crashed my go cart at Mike Greenwell's when I was younger & split the back of my head open...oh fond memories).

Seriously--how cute is this kid?!


Next stop was the bumper boats.  I thought they looked fun & asked Connor if he wanted me or Matt to go on it with him.  He chose me (who wouldn't pick me?!).  Matt was surprised I was so willing to go on them.  While Matt stood on dry land with Noah, he watched as Connor and I learned that each bumper boat was equipped with a strong water gun!  Half way through the 'fun', C was crying to get off this ride as we were both soaked!  I did my best to wipe away from mascara streaming down my face to say in my chipper Mom voice that, "Don't cry, bud!  This is FUN!"

Matt got a good laugh.

We then got to ride some great rides!  I rode the roller coaster with C first, then Matt rode it with him.  The boys then ventured on over to this ride that we chose to call the 'elevator.'  Matt said Connor was so cute on the ride.  He'd exclaim how fun it was to go up, but then how his tummy hurt every time they dropped down.  From the ground, all Noah & I saw were giggles!

Noah got a kick out of watching his brother on the roller coaster with Dad.
Sidenote: I think it's about time we retired this hat.  I pulled it out of the diaper bag to put on Noah's head while we were outside & realized it barely covers his big ol' forehead anymore.

Stop growing child.  Please.

Matt wanted to take C on the big boy track (or did he just want any excuse to drive a go cart?!).  Either way, both boys enjoyed their speedy ride!


All four of us enjoyed the party!!

No comments: