Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This Mother's Day, C came home from school with a cake he decorated for me all by himself.  He knows how much I love cake, so he couldn't wait to show me! :)  He was concerned that one of his purple flowers was out of place, that a few sprinkles landed on an area he didn't want them to, and that his "r" in his name was too high, but I reassured him that it was perfect.

I know Mother's Day is supposed to be a day of relaxation, but let's be honest...A Mom never gets a day off.  I still did a lot of dressing others, organizing and packing for our day at the beach, sunscreening tiny limbs, nursing on demand, a few loads of laundry, and some pretend play, but, hey, no one else can do it quite like Mom can.

We had lunch at a hotel on the beach, followed by cousin play time on the beach and in the hotel pool.  My boys were happy, therefore, I was happy. :)






These little guys are the reason I can celebrate Mother's Day.  I will be forever grateful that they are mine.

Happy Mother's Day, especially to my Mom!
Behind every good kid is a great Mom! :)


No comments: