Saturday, May 31, 2014

VPK Grad!

It was just yesterday my sweet boy needed this 8 month pregnant Mama to walk him into class each day.

The days flew by...

And now... just a few days shy of little bro turning 8 months old...big bro graduated Pre-K.

It's seriously unreal how fast it all goes by.  I shed some tears.  My heart ached at times, thinking of my baby quickly approaching elementary school.  But I tried to just embrace it.  His sweet little graduation day was one adorable production I will hopefully never forget.

Connor woke to a little graduation present from his littlest fan.

I spoke with Connor's teacher that morning & she noted that she had a little one that was too nervous for the front row, so even though Connor was the tallest in his class, she knew he'd perform so well front & center :).

And boy, did he ever.  He sang loud and proud.
This Mama loved every second of it.

Matt was supposed to fly in the night before to make it back in time for Connor's graduation (work trip to NY), but with cruddy weather in DC, his flight was delayed...and he missed Connor's show by about an hour :(.  We were so bummed!  Nana & Papa came to support our favorite 5 year old!  Noah enjoyed gnawing on Nana's necklace the majority of the show, while I manned the video camera & picture taking.  Thank Heavens for Nana.


We were SO very blessed to have Miss Earp for C's teacher. She was amazing & left big shoes to fill for C's future teachers.


Mrs. Nielsen, the assistant teacher, was a single mom that I bonded with from the beginning.  She referred to Connor as the Gentle Giant.  She raved about how well behaved and sweet Connor was in class.  I soaked up every bit of it :).


Connor received a special award for being compassionate.  Miss Earp noted that Connor was always the first to cheer someone up or offer to be one's friend.  

He has the sweetest little heart and I adore him so.


My freckled, buzz cut babe.


C's artwork was on display at graduation as well.

Here's C's paper mache version of himself.

Almost identical, don't you think?!

He has progressed so well in his writing and motor skills (coloring, cutting, etc).


It's been a big school year for my big boy!


These two.


Kindergarten, here we come!

No comments: