Saturday, May 31, 2014

Summer's here!

As Noah is growing like a weed, he's becoming a little easier to take out and about for the day!

I mustered up all my mom power and I ventured out with the boys to Naples for the Kids' Museum!  Connor had a blast!  Noah was a trooper & went where ever C did.  Although Noah was exposed to more germs that I'd like to believe, it was so worth it!


Connor would have made his Uncle & Papa proud.  He kept reeling in fish, then measuring them.  He stayed at this station for most of the afternoon, trying to catch the biggest fish.


He was cuter than anything, cheering with excitement every time his fish measured bigger than the last!
(If his fish were small, he'd say, "I caught you a cute one, Mom!")

Gosh, I love this boy.

If we weren't fishing, we were in the garden/grocery store station.  Connor loved sorting the produce and sending them on the conveyor belt over into the grocery store, while Noah enjoyed picking tomatoes (and trying to mouth all of them).


Once we (I) discovered that I could tackled the Kids' Museum with two kids alone, I knew anything was possible!  The next day we packed up and ventured out to Lakes Park.  Connor scootered and played pretend with his Star Wars figures on the playground, while Noah enjoyed the view of all the people passing by, the bucket swing, and the fountains.  We covered a lot of ground and it was hot, but we did it happily!


This would have been a great picture if I didn't chop C in half.  I think this was a combination of not being able to see my camera screen while looking with the sun's glare, as well as having to quickly scoop up Noah after he tried to gobble up all the fountain water all of a sudden. 


That night in the tub, we made a discovery!  Noah's 1st tooth!

Connor and I were cheering in the bathroom together!


Then yesterday, this little dude turned 8 months!  What a month it has been!

Crawling, pulling up, cruising, crazy hair growth, and a new tooth!


Anxious to see what the next month holds!

So as a quick catch up on my crazy busy life lately...
Tonight, I am counting down the hours, minutes, seconds, 1/2 seconds...until Connor comes home.
It's his first night sleeping at his Dad's and needless to say, I've been a little on edge all day.  As much as I wanted to crawl in bed, sleep the time away, and wake up knowing it's time to pick him up, I can't help but not be able to sleep at all (not to mention, Noah has helped keep me busy as he's already woken up twice and its not even 11pm).  I've spent the last few weeks, working in meetings with a "Parent Coordinator," my attorney, and busting my rump to get myself ridiculously organized for court round II.  The "Parent Coordinator" recommended I read the book, "Co-parenting with a Jerk."  Sounds about right.  I probably could have written it.  I've gotten a glimpse of the legal system and how it works when it comes to custody cases.  My Mama Bear claws have come out.  I will forever fight for what is best for my children, as I would expect any mother would do.  I'm trying to find a balance between soaking up all the beauty that is raising my boys, all while trying to prepare for battle.

To help me get through this first weekend of 'change,' Matt & I decided to plan a family trip to the Nickelodeon Hotel this week!  Connor's been asking to go for the longest time and we just so happened to get a great Groupon deal, so we decided to just do it!  Connor's been counting down the days until we leave (but little does he know, we are actually leaving a day early to stop at Legoland first).  I get SUCH joy out of surprising Connor!  I may very well need a vacation from this vacation when we're all done, but it'll be worth it!  I spent the day packing up our entire house to get ready to leave.  Literally, the entire house.  Noah has 4 bags, a pack 'n play, booster high chair, toy basket (to entertain in the car for the longest 3 hours of our lives) and stroller.  Not sure how we are going to fit it all in my car in the morning, but we will!

So I'm off to pray for the 1,693,835th time today and hope that 10am comes faster than it ever has before!

No comments: