Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Boy adventures!

Confession: We have a 55 and over community across the street that I use for photo sessions.  They have fun nature trails, so Matt came home early & we went on a critter hunt!  Connor was under a 'lockdown' at school after there was a large bear sighted near his school campus earlier that day, so I was on alert as we went on our critter exploration in the rare event Mr. Bear crossed our path.

Confession #2: I tried the art of bribery to get my boys to pose.  Noah is finally at the point where he'll 'cheese' when asked, so I tried to get a few pictures of my little Loves together.  I promised them a jelly bean, Tic Tac, or Smartie after every smiley picture.  It worked like a charm!



We walked on over to the Butterfly Garden area that a neighbor told me about the last time I was doing a photo session there.  I didn't snap any pictures in there, but we got to see butterflies, a bunny, a koi pond with fish AND two water moccasin snakes in the pond (that sent this Mama into cardiac arrest).  All three of my boys thought the snakes were so cool, but they were a little too close for my comfort!

On our way to another trail, the boys both pointed out survey markers along the way.  Grandchildren of a Surveyor, for sure!

I asked for a photo of my boys in the middle of the bridge & this is the position they chose.  I love my people. :)

On our nature trail, we saw a duck mama and babies, a woodpecker, and random exciting splashes in the swamp area.  Exciting stuff! :)

Connor talked me into taking him through the Butterfly Garden once more, where we came across a third snake. Ick, ick, ick.  Connor just chuckled as I got all nervous around the snakes.

We ended the night on the playground before heading home.  It was such a refreshing change of pace & all the boys loved it.

No comments: