Thursday, May 26, 2016

Stepping outside of routine

So I'm trying to get myself to step out of our normal weekly routine.  Many look forward to the weekends.  With Connor gone 3 out of 4 weeks a month, I am always praying for the weekend to be over.  It's a very wrong way to live!  With that said, I'm trying to teach myself we can do fun things after school before bedtime.  

Last night we loaded up after supper & headed to the pool for an evening swim.  It was a beautiful change of pace.

Connor and Matt played catch, while I tried to keep up with Noah.  Swimmers noted what a great arm Connor has.  Noah got a thrill out of finding a millipede, poked it to death with his water toy, then randomly walked over to it throughout the hour to say, "Sowwy miwwipede."

Noah was kicking & making his way around the pool really well, so I said, "Look at you, you little fish!"

Noah then quickly responded in the same high pitched mom voice, "Look at you, you little...cow?!"
Thanks dude. Thanks.







Here's to more nights like this soon.

No comments: