Monday, May 9, 2016

Mama's Day!

Confession: I'm not a big believer in "Hallmark Holidays." 

Valentine's Day, Mother's Day...they're days where expectations are high & rarely are they ever perfect no matter how hard you try. I mean let's face it- do your kids ever have the perfect little temperament all day long and can you ever repay a Mother for all she's ever done in one magical day?! 

Yesterday, our day had beautiful moments like a Lucky Charms breakfast made solely by my sweet 7 year old, handmade cards sprinkled with stick figures and glitter, and milkshakes after a bike ride on the beach, yet it had not-so-beautiful moments like moaning & groaning at the bike rental place when they didn't have the 'right bikes,' random 2 year old tantrums for the Lord only knows, and watching your child drop your sunglasses in a public restroom toilet while you're trying to clean a poopy Pull-Up off since you don't have your diaper bag with you on your bike ride--just to highlight some of the best.

 It's true life & no matter if the day is 'supposed to be' relaxing, it's Motherhood at its finest. I have the best job in the world and the fact that I was blessed with healthy, smart, well-behaved boys--I couldn't ask for much more than that. I am one kick butt Mom, because I learned from the best. 

Rock on, Mamas, rock on.

(Some photos to sum up our day)






No comments: