Saturday, September 5, 2009

Handsome red head

I can not get enough of Connor's hair. I find myself running my hand over it, sweeping it across his face, and brushing it a lot lately! It is usually the first thing people notice when we're out in public.



"Oh, love his hair!"

"Oh, look! A red head!"

"Get a load of that hair. How cute is he?!"

I love to hear it! And I'm sure Connor does too :). I have always been anxious to see what color Connor's hair would turn out. He has evolved from many looks already.


Here is the dark, full head of hair he was born with.



Then he began to lose his hair around 4 months and he sported this 'old man' look for a short while.



And then it began to come back in nicely around 6 months, with a nice 'buzz cut' look. It came in pretty light, so I thought he may turn out blonde.



And here he is today. Beautiful red and thick...so handsome!


(his roots are actually blonde, but his eye brows/hair is definitely red)



Since the moment I could, Connor has been bathed in sunscreen, had a hat on, or had his sun glasses on. With our family's skin tone (and my family history of skin cancer), poor Connor will be forever wearing Columbia SPF wear, sunscreen, and visiting the dermatologist on a regular basis!

Speaking of fair skin, I noticed 3 freckles on Connor this past week. Wasn't sure about what age they began to appear, but they are here! Wasn't sure if they were freckles (as it's usually particles of lunch that never got completely washed off), but after quite a few baths...they are still there! :)


Freckle #1: on his cheek--tried to put it in sepia tone so it's easy to see.


Freckle #2: on his right hand, pointer finger



And freckle #3 is on his leg...but Mr. squirmy was not staying still long enough to get a shot of it. Trust me, its there! :)

2 comments:

Kaylie : ) said...

What a handsome fella you guys have(: I wouldn't be able to tell you when I got my first freckle!! I have tons of them!! HeHe : )

Jennifer said...

I like the hair progression pictures, so interesting to see that such a fiery little redhead was born with dark hair!

My husband and I are both very light skinned and freckly as well...Austin has already had his 1st freckle come in too, right on his forehead!