Friday, September 25, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award :)


Danielle over at thelutzs.blogspot.com nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger award! I'm flattered to have my first 'blog award' :). I actually met Danielle online a little while ago, as we both had many things in common. She also is a new Mommy to a little boy, Ryder, who is just a few months older than Connor. We stay in touch quite often and I am amazed at how well I feel I know her and can relate to her in so many areas! She does more than I could imagine, traveling ALL OVER with her family (hubby, son, and zoo of animals!) all year! She is quite the 'wonder woman' and I'm so glad we have been able to get to know one another!

Be sure to visit her blog! With this award, comes the rules:

1-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.

2-Copy the logo and place it on your blog.



3-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

4-Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.

5-Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.

6-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

7-Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.

So with the rules in place...here ya go!


7 things you may not know about me:


1. I have an obsession with taking photos. No, I do not think I am photographer material by any means. The reason why I enjoy photography is because I like having pictures of the ones I love. I'm not one to take pictures of a bug or flower or sky line. I like pictures with people in them...and really, only people I love! :) Guess that's why it is so easy for me to take 10 pictures a day of Connor & capture Cooper in his most mischievous states. I may need to figure out just where I am going to store all these photo albums that I keep filling (I'm at the rate of about one full album a month!).

2. I am 'the list' queen. I have a hard time carrying all my duties in my head, so I am constantly writing things down. I have sticking notes at work, a dry erase board on my fridge, and random daily notes-to-self on the counter! It helps me stay focused and get things accomplished. I've realized that once I had a child, you get through each day as a major accomplishment. Every time Connor does down for a nap or down for the night, its an accomplishment. Although its momentarily-rewarding to me, I get through some days and feel like "What do I have to show for myself today?!" My 'lists' help me remember what I have to get done (for the very rare moments in the day I have time to do them) and when I can 'cross items off', I feel accomplished! :) I know...its pretty sad...but it works for me!

3. I'm nursing. Yeah, I know. May not be new-news to some. Not sure many care or want to really imagine it. But does anyone know its not just a 'beautiful bonding experience with my child?!' Yes, I have to admit that I am 100% glad I was able to nurse and be successful at it. Yes, I do love the moments where I can have quiet time cuddling my little boy. Yes, I do think that nursing has helped Connor remain un-sick since birth (knock on wood). But its not always 'a bed of roses'. Many days I would like my body back as solely my body! I would like to throw away all of my nursing tank tops that I live in 99% of the time. The moments where my squirmy little boy pokes, prods, pulls, bites, pinches...while I sit there trying to remain 'untense' and calming...are often moments I count down until "weaning day!"

4. I am extremely excited to carry on the tradition of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy in our home, now that Connor is here! Those memories of leaving out cookies for Santa, sneaking out at 5am with a flashlight to see what Santa left us kids, hunting for Easter eggs in the yard while all the neighbors peered out their windows to see little children bouncing around the yard in their jammies, and the unsuccessful attempts of holding the Tooth Fairy 'tooth pillow' in my hand while I was asleep in hopes to see the Tooth Fairy sneaking money under my pillow in the middle of the night...I just can't wait to start all those fun traditions for Connor now!

5. I could easily spend $1000 a visit each time I go to Target. Between housewares, clothes for me, anything for Connor, etc etc etc...it's definitely possible. Oh, I love that store!

6. I am not rushing Connor to grow up by any means, but can not wait until he is old enough to enjoy Disney World! I am so excited to see Disney through the eyes of a little child and just enjoy him enjoying himself! And...I'll just hope that Connor does not get frightened by all the characters in costume. I guess we'll have to wait and see! :)

7. I've never had a pedicure. Yep...probably the only woman alive thats never had one. But, the thing is...I really could care less. If I receive giftcards to a spa, for instance, I would much rather get my hair done then treat my feet. I say, "I would hope people would notice my head before my feet", so always opt for my hair instead of a pedicure! :) I do pretty well painting the french tips onto my toes and can scrub and do all the other gunky stuff needed to keep my feet from looking like they're 90 years old. One day I will do it. You'll know because I will enter each room feet first since my hair will be a mess! :) haha!

That was a lot harder than I thought! Not too much exciting stuff to share about myself...that people would want to read about, anyways!


7 Bloggers I Notimate for the Kreativ Blogger Award


1. ourlittlemiraclekyliemarie.blogspot.com
2. ivfinfertility.blogspot.com
3. bradandbrittneynelson.blogspot.com
4. thehobbsfamilyof4.blogspot.com
5. afewgoodsperm.blogspot.com
6. channingmakes3.blogspot.com
7. melissaandluke.blogspot.com



1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

Thanks so much for my award. Your so sweet. I've never participated in one of these so I'm going to try it this time. Hopefully I do it right.

By the way, I love your list. The whole can't wait to enjoy disneyworld "I am with you on that one". I love the "could spend $1000 at Target" Ha me too.
Also girl you have got to go get a pedicure. I hate people touching my feet but it is Sooooooo worth it because they look and feel so amazing afterwards.

Thanks again!