Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Madness!!

Of all the years I have been in Florida (that would be all of mine!), I can't recall ever seeing a squirrel at my house. Cooper has encountered squirrels through our random travels with him, but we NEVER see them at home. That is...until this morning. I can only hope Coop would react the way he did today if we had a dangerous intruder. He could have easily plowed through our sliding glass door if I didn't let him out to chase down this squirrel in the back yard. We let him run around and sniff him out (as he scared it away...so we thought). Once we let him back inside the house, he began to scratch insanely at the front door and cry incredibly loud. I leashed him up and took him outside to see a squirrel eye to eye with me on the wall of my entry way. I about jumped out of my skin as I flew forward to escape this little monster! So for the next ten minutes, I let Coop free in the yard to chase this lovely squirrel that was apparently lost and definitely picked the WRONG house to get lost at!






I'm pretty sure the squirrel is still out there, but am kind of afraid to look. No animals were harmed, but we have one pooped Coop!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm glad to hear from you. I just started blogging not long ago and don't have many followers. I wasn't even sure if I should continue because I didn't know if anyone was reading. That's awesome that our boys were born only a day apart! I became a follower of your blog as well. Your little boy is so cute! I wish your family the best as well!