Thursday, September 6, 2012

Home Sweet Home!

This past weekend, we toasted to our new start in our new home.
 
 
With the wonderful help of family & friends, we moved in to our house last weekend.  We couldn't be more blessed!  The past week has consisted of unpacking boxes, launching stuffed animals down the stairs for fun, arranging and rearranging, and just trying to take it all in.  I still feel like we're playing house.  It can't be real.  Oh but it is! :)
 
While I'm sitting in a booth alone at McDonald's while Connor's at school to steal their free WiFi, I have oodles to tackle while I can access the internet (our Comcast guy is coming Saturday).  So with paying bills, contacting random service people for our house, posting items for sale on Craigslist, and random research, I'm throwing in a quick blog post to let you all know we're alive, well, and moved in! :)
 
In no particular order, here are some pics from the past week.
 
Connor pooped himself out at the community pool/kiddie area in the neighborhood.  We've already made friends with a little girl named Malena that lives right around the corner from us.  We see many pool/playdates in our future already!

 
Since I'm not a huge fan of object photos without people in them, what better than a few house photos with my favorite little guy?!
 


 
Connor's current favorite toys are his gooey dinosaurs from Aunt Debbie.  These little guys go all over the house with us.  The launch off the stairs, stick to the walls, play in the tub, have their own 'guy' when we play Candyland, sleep with him, and even request certain meals.  I love this age's imagination!  Seen below is Connor eating his spinach pizza.  He gave one to his green dinosaur and he ate the other.  Funny kid.
 
 
What we're learning quickly is that we must organize, so we aren't trotting up & down the stairs 1000 times.  Connor likes to crawl in bed, then go..."Mom, I'm firsty.  I need my drink." Or he likes to go upstairs for bed then go, "I left my dinosaur friends in the living room."  I think I'm going to need to wear some kind of tool belt with a spare everything at all times to avoid to continuous trips up & down the stairs! :)
 
More photos to come... :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Looks beautiful!

Brost Family said...

Congrats!! Looks beautiful and I am SOooo happy for you and your family!