Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Princess & the Bulldozer...

I can't recall the last time I had a weekend to spend with my munchkin.  I was beyond excited.  When we heard Peyton wanted a playmate for the day, we were thrilled to spend time with her & Auntie Nicole!
 
When I first found out I was having Connor (over 4 years ago), I didn't know how I'd entertain a boy.  The legos, blocks, race cars, dirt, etc was all new to me.  Now that I have him, I don't know what I'd do with a girl!  I'm so used to playing rough, climbing with no fear, launching toys from high altitudes to watch them crash to the ground, etc.  When we play with Peyton, she is a fun challenge for me.  Don't get me wrong, she is the easiest, sweetest, most well mannered little lady & I enjoy every second we have her around!  She is so gentle and quiet, yet has the cutest things to say when she talks.  Its just a parenting challenge to go from a bulldozer of a boy to a sweet little princess.  Its amazing how boys and girls are wired so differently!
 
We had Peyton over to play at the house first & decided to head outdoors since Connor was a little too loud, fast, and downright crazy for a little lady.  Seriously he was off the walls...we needed to give him room to release his craziness!  We loaded the kiddies in the wagon, packed bags like we were headed on a vacation, and headed on up to the playground.  Connor was off to take on the heights, slides, and complicated ladders.  Peyton, on the other hand, took on the lower heights and avoided the puddles that had built up at the bottom of the slides.  They played well together, yet looked at things completely differently.
 
 
After taking Peyton on a quick potty break (which potty trips are also completely different with a girl vs boy), the kiddies decided they were hot enough & wanted to head to the fountains to cool off!
 
They were both super obedient with posing and smiling when asked! :)
 
The kids were great chasing eachother through the fountains!
 

 
We took a few shadey breaks involving some snacks in between all the water action!
 
When Peyton told us she wanted to lay on the chair, but it was too hot...I set her up like the 'big girls do it', put a towel down, propped her feet up, and let her borrow my glasses. 
 

Shortly after, both kiddies had decided they were ready to load up & head home.  We ate a little bit, and watched a short bit of "Halloween Rugrats", before saying goodbye to the girls.  We had such a good time & would love to do it again soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! Thanks for having her over.