Sunday, September 23, 2012

House...Wedding...Halloween...EEEK!

With settling into the house, planning a wedding that'll be here in 2 weeks, and thinking ahead to Connor's favorite holiday (Halloween), we've been pretty busy to say the least!
 
I haven't been doing a good job of taking good pics on my camera lately, so here are a few I've captured with my phone.
 
Below is a pic of Connor's new chair for the playroom.  There's not a lot of space for seating & we were thinking about a bean bag chair, but I was having a tough time finding one that didn't look vinyl-y or dorky.  Solution: Overstock.com had a papasan lounger in limey green.  Connor's a big fan :)
 
 
The living room has come together quite nicely over the past week.  Last weekend, we painted the walls a light gray.  Couch arrived on Wednesday. Rug arrived on Thursday. Then on Saturday, I used a little Pinterest.com "pinspiration" to do stripes on an accent wall.  It took a lot of patience, a neat laser level, and lots of tape to create the final product.
 
 
With the wedding/honeymoon coming up in a few weeks, I wanted to make sure we were all set for Halloween ahead of time.  I've been looking online with Connor at costumes, as well as in Walmart & Target, but Connor could not make up his mind.  In the past week, he's requested being Batman, Pizza, a hot dog, Superman, a Power Ranger, Woody, Buzz, an Angry Bird, Stay Puft Marshmellow Man, etc.  Since I was afraid we'd never decide, I went to the store a day I didn't have Connor with  me & picked out a few to try on.  Connor was thrilled with his two choices...
 
 
Or...
Connor insisted on trying on Woody first.  He was just precious & I thought it'd be perfect for him, since he's been taking his Woody doll with him everywhere lately.  We already practiced his "Howdy Partner" for when he goes door to door Trick or Treating :).
 
While Superman was hilarious with his built in muscles, Connor got annoyed with the hard chest & cape around his neck.  I knew he'd be uncomfortable, so it made our decision making a little easier!
 
We have plans to do our Trick or Treating while riding in his wagon full of his Toy Story stuffed animal friends.  Now all I have to do now is convince Matt to dress up as Buzz & we're all set! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! Peyton is going to be Jessie!