Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Simple day

With so much going on, we were craving a simple day.  We were busy and even squeezed in a few productive to-do's, but it was just what we needed.  Our day started off great with a full night's sleep.  Seriously, I can't recall the last full night's sleep we've had.  I heard a few whines around midnight & snuck upstairs to find that Connor had fallen out of bed & fell back asleep on the floor.  So technically it wasn't a full night's sleep, but man it sure felt like it!  Amen!!!

So after being well rested, we started the day off with some Halloween cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  We de-jammied, got ready, loaded up the car with Connor's 15+ stuffed animals that had to ride around with us, and headed to the library.  We hung at the library for a good hour, picking out new Halloween books, movies, and Veggie Tales music for the car.  Connor turns to me as we're leaving and says "Hey Mom! Wanna go to the park?!" I couldn't resist, so we headed down the street to a new park.  Sometimes something as simple as a new park is so refreshing.  Oh & it was!  Connor grabbed his tiny dinosaur "friends" and he occupied himself on the playground all alone for about an hour!  And I can not tell you how much I loooooove playgrounds without sand and mulch!  We left the park as clean as when we got there!  Can I get another "Amen?!" :)


The picture below shows that Connor & his green dinosaur insisted on saying "Cheese" at the top of the rock wall.  Funny kid talks to his dinosaurs like they're little people.  Poor kid does what he can without having a sibling or friend to play with! 
If you look closely, I put each of his dinosaur friends on each monkey bar as motivation to get him to go across on his own.  The technique seems a lot like the same approach I used with Cooper to train him with treats.  Like child, like dog--it worked!
I promised him no more pictures if he posed nicely on the paver walkway.  My obedient little squinty boy!
We snuck in an appointment at the tuxedo rental place to get Connor measured.  About 2 more weeks... yippee!!
Happy Hump Day!

No comments: