Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Seems like yesterday...

I've always been good about getting rid of things around the house if they aren't used.  I'm far from being a pack rat.  Yesterday, I posted a few items on Craigslist in hopes of making some quick money.  One item I listed was Connor's high chair.  Within a half hour, I had already lined up a family to come buy it for their 3 month old baby boy.  When they arrived a few hours later to buy the high chair, I took a look at their baby boy then looked at my baby boy and I couldn't believe how long ago that was... The sweet couple had me hold their baby while they loaded the high chair in their car & I warned them that I may not give him back.  Connor even cried when they left, because he thought we were "keeping the baby."  This little episode yesterday made me want to look back on my baby boy in his high chair & how much love & use that high chair got in the past 3+ years.  To think my child ate a lot when he was little...
 
First taste of something (rice cereal) other than breast milk...
 
My precious smiley babe at around 6 months old
 
Sharing his food with Coop
 
Sweet potato baby food massacre
 
Our favorite past time around 7 months old---skinning a peach & letting Connor gum it to death!
 
Peach mauling was a great time killer!  The slippery little thing just slid around his tray while he tried to catch it in his mouth :)
 
Spaghetti :)

 
Our morning breakfast time routine together at around 9 months old.  I got the best giggles first thing in the morning :)
 
And then overnight my baby turned into a real boy...
I used to wonder how his feet would ever reach the foot rest that hung from the bottom of his high chair.  Those were the days...
 
Farewell high chair.  It was one of my last pieces of babyhood.  I think I will need to accept the fact Connor's big now.  Ehhh...nope not ready yet. :)


1 comment:

The Lutz Family said...

I totally think baby #2 would have loved that high chair...what the heck girl :)