Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy Birthday/New Year!

So yeah...I'm a year older...
 
Although this was the first year I've ever had to work on my birthday, I still managed to have a wonderful day!  While I was working, my boys were out shopping (for me).  My Matt is the definition of procrastination when it comes to gift giving.  The boys had a blast though, and I was happy to meet them for lunch after their shopping excursion!  Connor picked out a giftcard for me to get my hair/nails done.  I will be more than happy to use it :)
 
We laughed when we met for lunch & I saw what Matt dressed Connor in.  He was wearing a mismatched shirt & pants with his wild Scooby Doo crocs.  The perfect attire for a nice birthday lunch at Carabbas! Owell--Connor wore it well!
 
 
After lunch, we headed home for a nice nap before Nana & Papa came by.  Connor insisted Mommy had a Toy Story character cake, so Nana supplied the fun Toy Story decor & they had fun fancying up my cake :)
 
All my birthday festivities from here on out are done for this precious guy, alone.  He loves birthdays...no matter whose it is!
 
When it was present time, Connor had a front row seat.
 
Oh how I love this boy!
 
He loved all my gifts! Scarf, giftcards, picture frames...he was happy to see whatever was in each package!
 
I looooooved all my gifts!  From house decor to primping stuff to donations to my shopping fund...I can't wait to use it all :)
 
Our afternoon nap was strategically planned to help us make it though our late night festivities at the Minich Household.  Matt has grown up with this family & holiday gatherings, so its so nice to be a part of it all with them.  We brought our Toy Story cake & it turned into a group of about 25 unknown faces singing Happy Birthday to me :).  Connor ate it up (the attention and the cake)!

 
We knew the party would be great for all of us.  Connor got to socialize with the numerous kids floating around and therefore, Matt & I were able to socialize among adults.  It was a win-win situation!
 
The big boys gave Connor a lesson in karoake singing as well as taught him some Gangnam Style dance moves.
 
*For anyone unfamiliar with the Gangnam Style (like Matt was), Google it for a good giggle.  The song is ridiculously catchy.
 
We were excited to make it to midnight :)
 
Since all day it was "Mommy's birthday," Connor didn't realize it was actually New Years until about a minute before the ball dropped.  After we counted down along with Ryan Seacrest on tv, we cheered, smooched, then headed outside to watch the fireworks. 
 
While standing on the dock, Connor blurts out, "This is the best New Years EVER!" 
 
 I adore his outlook on life. 
 
We packed sparklers, because well, everything is better with sparklers!
 
Happy New Year!!!!
 
To avoid all crazies on the road after midnight, we camped out at Chrissy & Paul's house.  All the kids were crashed on the couch before long. 
 
 
Even though its two days post New Years, my body is still trying to recover from staying up so late on New Years Eve!
 
We had many highs and lows in 2012 to remember.  To recap:
 
We tried to buy a house that we thought was great and didn't get it.  I experienced the hardest day of my entire life to date as I sat in court in March pouring my heart out.  My parents sold our childhood house in less than a week.  Matt & I found an even better house that was perfect for us.  We sold my "old house" in less than two weeks.  We took Connor to Disney for the 2nd time in his life.  Our Disney trip offered way more than I anticipated, when my Matt proposed :). Connor started the "Mom's Day Out" program at a local Christian school.  Connor's favorite buddy moved away to Pennsylvania. I planned for a wedding, while moving into a 'temporary residence.'  I was shopping for furniture and a wedding dress at the same time.  Connor befriended his new BFF, Coen.  We had so many ups and downs with being approved for the new house, then not approved, then approved again.  We were beyond blessed to move into our new home in September.  I became Mrs. Sears in October.  Connor told me "I love you" randomly and all on his own--  My heart melted at that very moment.  Matt & I spent an amazing 5 days in San Francisco.  I became the proud owner of a FOUR year old.  Craig & Nicole got the beautiful house they've been patiently waiting for. I rang in the New Year with the two boys that I love more than anything.
 
Through all the positives and negatives over the past year, my heart has still smiled bigger than I can ever remember it smiling before.  
 
I have oodles and oodles on my "Things to do in 2013" and I am very much looking forward to what lies ahead this year!
 
Happy New Year to all and to all a good night! :)

No comments: