Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The neighbors are talking...


So my neighbors probably think I am such a weirdo-

Last night, I got home about 8:00pm from dinner with the family & still had a few things to do around the house before bed.

1. Get the mail
2. Put fake deer in my car to give to guy at work (don't ask)
3. Let the dog out

So since I was running short on time before Connor had to get to bed, I tried to do a few things at once. (My mom was inside with Connor at the time). With Cooper on his leash in one arm, I was grabbing the giant deer in the other to load it in my car. Well, stupid me, should have remembered that my dog is deathly terrified of the deer- so as I grabbed it with one arm, Cooper tried to take off my other arm running in fear! So I put the deer down and tried to console my dog, when I notice my next obstacle--I just stepped over a snake in my driveway! So as I screamed in complete terror, my dog then freaks out and runs toward me stepping over the snake himself! I then decide it would be easier if I took the dog inside for now. So now I have this stuff to do, but can't focus until the snake is out of here, so I grab a shovel...

So as I am pounding this tiny, foot long snake with a giant shovel into a million tiny parts (which by the way when you cut a snake in pieces, it still moves, kinda like a lizard tail). My neighbor then decides to walk by with his dogs and gets a glimpse of me chopping up a snake in the dark, then heaving a giant deer into my trunk!

"That crazy lady"....

2 comments:

Brittney said...

that is hilarious!!! I wish i could have been there... really!

Jacqui said...

That is a great story! :-) I can just picture it all. It's good to provide the neighborhood with entertainment. :-)