Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sitting Pretty!


Sitting up all my himself!

In shock he was sitting up all by himself! : )

Such a big boy! So proud of himself!

So after my last post, the day got quite interesting! We made a trip to Target to get Connor a new blow up duck tub, because he's not completely loving his new bath seat since he has to reach over to touch the water & it's too hard to splash. So we made a trip to Target in the rain, got his tub, and a shirt to wear for his professional pictures in a few weeks, and headed home to wait for Grandma to come over. Once Grandma was over, we were sitting in Connor's room talking when he had a huge breakthrough! Grandma decided to let Connor sit on the floor and let go of him... that's when he sat up by himself for about 4-5 minutes!! He was flapping his arms in the air, laughing, let me grab my camera and take a million pictures, then after a bit kinda tilted to one side & we caught him before he crashed to the ground! Man, was that exciting though! So as I watched him sitting there, I began to smile thinking about the world of shopping cart seats, restaurant high chairs, and sitting upright to play....Woo Hoo!! He was so proud of himself too!

This exciting moment allowed me to get through what I experienced later in the evening without breaking down... Papa and Grandma were over helping install Connor's big boy carseat in the garage and Connor and I came out to see how it was progressing. Connor began his normal grunts about that time of night, when I know the prunes he had for dinner were kicking in, and we'd have a nice, stinky poop cleaned out of him before bed. WELL, did we have a nice, STINKY poop! He grunted as he poohed and it shot out the side of his diaper, half landing on my clothes and in my hand, and the remainder splattering onto the garage floor and blowing all over!! Thank goodness I had other people here to help me, because it was EVERYWHERE! So thank you Grandma for cleaning Connor up, thank you Papa for cleaning up the poop on the floor, while I changed, took a shower, and lured the dog inside before he walked all through the pooh explosion on the floor!

An exciting day for turning 6 months, don't you think?!

No comments: