Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Time flies

Figured I would take a moment and reflect on just how fast time flies. It's actually rather scary! First of all, our son is growing like a weed! I look at his pictures from when we first brought him home & it doesn't even look like the same kid. It really is amazing at how fast they develop and learn new things every day. It was only a few months ago that I would make rounds through the living room and kitchen in a circle at night in the dark trying to get Connor to sleep. I remember him waking in the night next to us, making laps in our room in the middle of the night to get him to sleep, falling asleep to his lullaby CD, changing his diaper in the dark (while most of the time he managed to wee as I was changing him)....all such distant memories now.

Then I look at my precious, stinker-of-a-dog, Cooper, and remember back to when we first went to see him, the oh-so-wonderful potty training days, his first trip to the groomer when he was about 8 weeks old when the lady told me he was AWFUL & then tied bows on his ears as if he was a girl! I remember him crying in his crate in the middle of the night (in the cold winter), me taking him into our bathroom and putting him on his puppy pad (where he ALWAYS managed to walk off of the pad and wee on my rug instead), curling up and sleeping on the COLD tile floor since I was too tired to watch Coop and make sure he went potty/poop.

The funny thing is that all of this seems like so long ago, but I would do it all over again in a second because they are my babies!

I was scrolling through my saved pictures online and found a few that felt like were taken yesterday...





Coop's 1st birthday


Then came Connor : )



In the hospital-2 days old



At home first week- working on ridding Jaundice



Some of his first smiles- about a month & a half old



Mr. Smiles all the time- 6 months old


I could probably go on forever on how fast time flies--how my baby sister is training to be a nurse & drawing blood from patients (yes, the little girl that once kicked her nurse across the room on her wheely chair when she was getting her finger pricked!), how my childhood house is over 20 years old, how I've been in this house for over 3 years already... It is just amazing at how fast it all goes by. So moral of the story--enjoy each moment of your life, because you will never get it back & it will go by oh so quickly.

So on that note--everyone have a great day! : )

1 comment:

Katie said...

I loved reading this and I couldn't agree more! I never thought I would miss getting my exercise at 3am walking around my living room with a crying baby! Thank you for reminding me how fast time flies! :)