Thursday, July 30, 2009

My squishy son

I'm surprised Connor hasn't learned to say "Squish you"....that is pretty much all I tell him these days. He's so darn cute I could just squish him! : ) Been lacking on my picture taking these days (which is so NOT like me). Its probably because Connor doesn't stay still long enough to get a picture. He is one busy bee these days!


My days have been going pretty smoothly lately. Although, I tend to go a little bonkers after Connor's afternoon nap (naps til about 4pm then I have to keep him busy until dinner at 6:30pm). When you've been in the house all day, the toys get pretty old and the walls begin to close in on you. This picture was taken yesterday while I was unloading groceries around 5pm. I needed something to keep Connor happy and occupied, so I handed him a paper towel roll and it did the trick! He loved to look in it, talk in it, chomp on it...it was great! After he was over it, he crawled away to something else. When I came into the living room, I was quickly reminded that I used to give Coop paper towel rolls when he was a pup to keep him busy....so Connor's toy had quickly become Cooper's toy. Owell! It was nice while it lasted.



I have a huge basket of stuffed toys in Connor's room. Every once in a while I'll put a new one out & Connor loves the fact he has a 'new' toy. This morning, I found this teddy bear toward the bottom of the basket. When I pulled it out, I had a flashback. This bear was given to me by my Aunt Holly this time last year when I was going through all the horrible medical testing during my pregnancy. She said it was a "Lucky Teddy" and that it is! So a year later, I was sitting and watching my healthy son play with his bear. Just made me smile and cry at the same time. It reminded me to appreciate how blessed we are to have Connor. I think it's kinda funny too that the bear is the exact color of Connor's hair : ).


If only this picture had sound! This is Connor lately...bubbles...bubbles...bubbles. He loves to spit bubbles- when he's crawling, playing, talking, and my least favorite, when he's eating! Yes, I have had a few curdles of cottage cheese spit my way. You can't help but smile though : ). One funny kid!

No comments: