Friday, July 24, 2009

Nana's Birthday Fun!

This week has been a busy one for me. Been taking it one day at a time! Some fun stories to share:

Tuesday- Checked with Dad to make sure he was getting bday cake. Dad took care of it all, but being the crazy perfectionist I am, I called Publix to check on the cake order to make sure it was exactly what Mom wanted. Was first directed to 3 different Publix phone #s before I got the right one! Then, the nice guy in the bakery couldn't find the order...then he found the order & it was NOT what Mom would have wanted. Mom's faves: small round cake, white on white. The order read: 1/2 sheet cake, fudge on chocolate. I thought to myself "Geez, Dad, its not your birthday! Why would you get that cake for Mom?!" So I changed it all to what I thought Mom would want and before I got off the phone, the baker goes "You still want it to read the same...June- July Birthdays?" I was like, "Why would it say that..." Then realized, Oh My Gosh! This cake order was not mom's birthday cake order, it was the cake order for their office! (Once a month they have a cake for all the employees that have a birthday in that month). SOOO...I had to continously apologize to the baker and change it ALL back to what it was before! Oops! So after my long story...cake came out fine :). Sorry Dad...should have trusted you in the beginning!

Thursday- Got a card in the mail addressed to Cooper. It was sent by his hilarious Auntie Katie since he hurt his foot this past week. It read: "As They Say in Obedience School......................HEAL!" She attached a dollar for Cooper to get an ice cream at McDonald's too! Is that not the best Auntie ever?! Cooper has no idea how good he has it!

I worked until 5pm, zoomed home, nursed Connor, got Coop situated, then zoomed to Iguana Mia for an early dinner. Had fun stuff/dinner food/etc to keep Connor content through dinner. It was my first attempt at dinner inside at a restaurant. Connor was a good boy : ). Probably wouldn't have sat still for more than 4 minutes in his high chair if I wasn't continuously pumping him with food or a drink, but he did great! Was glad he kept his table banging, loud screeches, and fussing to an ultimate minimum since we were inside. It worked out great...food came fast, got to eat, fed Connor, then we were out of there in time to make it home for our regular routine as much as possible. **Mental note to bring drop cloth for under his high chair at restaurants...gets kinda messy!** We did play time, gifts, cake, mixed in with Connor's bath & bottle. We had a great day and hope Mom enjoyed herself too! She is so wonderful! She was out shopping the other day and got Connor his first pair of Nike sneakers : ). So cute! He'll be walking before we know it & will certainly get some good use out of them!

So today is preparation day--Connor's first big play date tomorrow. We have three little ones coming over tomorrow--2 boys and a girl. I'm anxious to see how it goes and how they interact. They all have a few months age difference, so I'm also excited to see if Connor is the largest one! : ) Hope to get some good pics!


This is why we lowered the mattress...

Modeling an outfit from Auntie Katie

Mr. Mischievous found his toys

1st dinner adventure inside-at Iguana Mia

Smiles for his Auntie Nicole!

Having fun with his Uncle Craig

Big boy!!

Coopy's get well card from Auntie Katie.

What girl doesn't like celeb gossip magazines and dessert?!

Lovin on his Uncle and Auntie

My wonderful mom and Grandma!

In his new jammies from Nana...
Who's birthday was it again? Connor's or Nana's?!

No comments: