Monday, November 30, 2009

Beach boy!

Our family friend, Jim, had a private party at his soon-to-open restaurant on the beach yesterday. We had such a great time doing something different, getting out & enjoying the beautiful not-too-cold-but-not-too-warm weather. Connor had a blast soaking up all the attention, sifting through the sand, chasing seagulls with Papa, and showing off his walking skills! Connor has a few adorable Hawaiian print shirts that I should have dressed him in, but the weather was so unpredictable (it was cool in the shade, but warm without a breeze)...oh well...he looked cute anyway. I've decided as a Mom, the beach is great for a child, but would love to delete the sand portion of it. It gets in the shoes, on the hands, makes its way into the mouth, sticks to all the tiny peach fuzz hairs on his face, then manages to get all over me, etc etc etc. As long as I prepare myself ahead of time for a mess and good car vacuuming after the beach trip, I can handle it! Connor is such an outdoorsy kid...and a water boy...so we will have to make another trip to the beach soon when it warms up a bit. Big thanks to Jim for having us! His restaurant is at a wonderful location right on the beach, so we wish him all the best with his grand opening this Friday.






1 comment:

Brittney said...

My web page never said you updated your blog! I feel like I have missed a year! And al the important stuff... baptism, birthdays! DANG IT! REDUE!!! I love them all. Miss ou so much! Are you eating?? Your looking skinny... and Im looking jealous! You look great! HOT really!