Sunday, November 29, 2009

Yes, Jesus Loves Him...

This morning was a beautiful morning, as Connor was baptized! I began last night with the long list of Motherly anxieties (any Mother will know what I'm talking about).

"Will Connor be happy/quiet/sit still during the service tomorrow?"

"What if he doesn't sleep well tonight and he's extra crabby in front of the whole church?"

"What if he sleeps really well and I have to wake him to get ready for the early service?"

"What if its too cold and his outfit I had planned won't work?"

"What if its too cold and the only outfit I had planned for myself won't work?"

"What if he has a poop blow out right before and I don't have a back up outfit?"

"What do I do if he has a melt down during the baptism?"

"Why do I feel like I'm going to have the melt down?"

So I did what any Mother would do as all these scary, nervous questions were running through my head....I called the only person that would really understand---My Mother! :)

We talked through every scenario and I felt much better after our conversation. My wonderful Mom said she would come by in the morning before the service to help me get ready/get Connor ready/take the dog out/etc. I seriously don't know what I would do without my Mom! She is really the only reason I made it out the door this morning, fully prepared, and on time!

The service went GREAT! We sat in the front of the church, while the Pastors and choir came in. The organist played...and my quiet, shy little boy decided to join in and scream/sing happily along with the music!! Luckily my church is full of child-adoring members that just got a kick out of my oh-so-noisy little boy! When it was time for the baptism, Connor did EXCELLENT! He has just recently started this awful whiney/almost tantrum like behavior just for fun, so I was fearing this would occur the moment we stepped in front of the entire congregation and were under the spotlight. But Connor did the opposite. He let me hold him, did not squirm, and even let Pastor Wes hold him/carry him down the aisle to sing "Jesus Loves Me". I was so proud and relieved!! He did great and got oodles of wonderful compliments from viewers (which always makes a Mom feel good). Since I was obviously busy, Auntie Katie was my fabulous photographer through the whole thing (thank you!).

Before the service...filling his belly with pancakes to help promote happy behavior before entering the sanctuary.


Loved his outfit from Nana...although somewhat resembles the Superman emblem if you see him from afar!


Once in the church...he did great with all the loud music and beautiful, bright Christmas decor as a distraction!








Walking down the aisle as the congregation sang, "Jesus Loves Me"...great moment and love love love his precious little face in awe of everything going on.




So proud! We did it!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I LOVE the monogram Baptism outfit!! Congrats on making it through the service without any major meltdowns! He is such cute little ham! :)