Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Birthday Eve

The pictures aren't to my standards, but they will do! I have been running around with my head cut off these days, but remembered I really needed to document the final hours before Connor's big first birthday. So here we go...

T'was the night before Connor's birthday
And Mommy can't believe her eyes
The boy that was once small and immobile
Is practicing walking with the help of his chubby thighs

Thank goodness Papa is a handy man
Since Mommy wouldn't know where to start
We all watched him work diligently
To fix the screen that Cooper tore apart

(Yep...this is how we celebrated the night before the big day! Coop was busy chasing the flash light Papa was using and Connor was having a blast checking out Papa through the screen!)



Connor being brave and letting go to stand on his own (and take a few steps too!)


More standing practice...and yes, I did allow Connor to play on the dirty patio barefoot...after being bathed & cleaned up for bed. Let's just say I didn't think things through. You don't know the tears that occur when someone opens a door in our house & Connor is not allowed outside at that very moment. So to avoid a cry fest, I just let him go outside when Papa & Coopy went out. Dirty hands and feet were worth it...and a little wash cloth and sink play time did the trick afterwards!


I'm off to hang my 1st birthday banner for my little boy's 1st birthday in the living room before bed. When we awake, Connor has no idea what photos and fun I have in store for him! Before I go to bed, I'll include some flash back photos of the past year for your viewing pleasure.




















No comments: