Thursday, November 12, 2009

Milestone after milestone...

Yes- I am a Mom. Yes- it is my duty to document everything. And Yes- my house will soon be over taken by photo albums.

Connor's 1st year averaged about 10 photos a day, a full DVD of video about every two months, a daily log of day's happenings on his calendar, and a monthly update of his baby book. I can already look back on the first few months when Connor was a wee-boy and not believe how much he has changed. I went from not knowing how to get him to stop crying (with endless nursing/bottles/spit ups/leg pumping to help relieve any gas/running the vacuum/playing white noise/singing/trying gripe water/constantly stimulating with toys/trying out different swings, carseat entertainers, and toys....). It was always a guessing game. Now, its hard to not catch Connor babbling and grinning his toothy smile! Its amazing how that tiny blob (that was actually always referred to as "such a BIG baby") has grown to such a little person now. I love him more and more each day. Every day is something new and I am so grateful I took the time to capture the tiny moments...since they become the past oh so quickly.

Here are a few pictures of some more 'firsts' for Connor.

Here is Connor wearing his handsome surfer outfit
from his wonderful Auntie Nicole for the first time.


And here is Connor modeling his snazzy new shoes for the first time
(trust me, I won't make a habit of saying "snazzy" in front of Connor).
Can just picture my masculine little boy telling me I look "Snazzy!" :)


And here is Connor opening his 1st "1st birthday" card from his buddy, Ryder! You may also be able to click on the photo to zoom in on his new teeth coming in. Within the past 2 days, both of his front teeth decided to pop through. It's about darn time! Makes it hard to sleep train and begin the weaning process when teeth decide to pop through each day! He has one more ready to show its face soon (the other fang to the left of his top front tooth).

So lots and lots of "1st's" lately. These were just some from today. Just wait for his birthday... :)

No comments: