Wednesday, August 26, 2009

He's too smart for MY own good!

Exciting night last night...Connor was officially cruising. I didn't get the best footage on camera or video, since anytime he would spot me, he'd lose focus and stop what he was doing. So this is the best picture I could get of him mid-step.



He has more control of his shopping cart toy and its so cute how he lifts his feet high when he's trying to walk...looks kinda like a sumo wrestler just before a fight! He was doing so well cruising along the couch and ottoman too. Our poor, Cooper, was trying to sleep on the couch. To Connor, Cooper is his prey and his must attack whenever he is in range. So Connor would pull up on one end of the couch and 'cruise' over to get to Cooper. Cooper would then move to the other end of the couch to avoid some lovely hair pulling from his precious brother. Connor would then turn the other direction and head to get Cooper in his new location! This went on for about 10 minutes before Cooper learned that he probably should go somewhere else if he wanted some rest. I would have videoed, but I was rather nervous about Coop and Connor together--Coop was super tired and therefore, rather touchy. I know if someone was coming after me to pull my hair while I was sleeping, I may snap as well! I didn't want Coop to do something he would regret for the rest of his doggy life, so I made sure I had both hands free to scoop Connor up when needed.

As exciting as the soon-to-be-walking milestone is, I am rather anxious to see all the trouble Mr. Connor will get himself into...and all the NON-relaxing I will be doing trying to keep an eye on him at all times! He is not walking around yet and yet, manages to get into things.

Exhibit A: Mommy made a toy barricade to surround her silk palm tree in the living room in hopes to keep Connor out of it. Apparently, Mommy was unsuccessful.





Exhibit B: Mommy has taken every toilet paper roll off of the wall mount and put them up high where Connor can not unroll the entire thing and/or eat it. Notice the empty wall mount at the top left of the image. Apparently, Connor figured out where the toilet paper stash was.





Is this child trouble? Yes.

Does he get out of trouble by smiling up at Mom? Yes.

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh my goodness its just exhausting looking at all the moving around and walking on things that he's doing. How fun. I love the pic where he broke through the barricade. So funny.